Home > About The Eastern
About The Eastern
The Eastern United States Dancesport Championships
The Eastern United States Dancesport Championships will offer one of the most elegant venues for ballroom dance competition in the country, with an anticipated 3,000+ participants. Co-Organizers, Mark Nocera, Dawna Nocera and Bill Morganti will host the Eastern United States Dancesport Championships annually in the Boston area.
at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
February 18-20, 2011
The Eastern offers our dance enthusiats and spectators:
- Three days of non-stop ballroom dance competition
- Friday & Saturday Evening Professional Competition
- Evening World Class Dance Exhibition Performance
- Great entertainment and access to a spectacular vendor showcase featuring a variety of dance, clothing, food, sports equipment and health-related products and services
New Events for 2011!
- Dance For the Cure Open Championship Events
- The Eastern is offering four Open Pro-Am Championships in support of AdMeTech Foundations' Dance for the Cure of Prostate Cancer. Proceeds will go toward research and education of early detection tools. There will be one championship per style (Latin, Rhythm, Standard, and Smooth), open to all ages!
- Silver Pro-Am Scholarships
- We are adding silver scholarships in all styles and age categories to match our bronze and gold scholarships.
- Bronze/Silver Pro-Am 9 and 10 Dance Scholarships
- We are offering Pro-Am nine and ten dance events at the Bronze/Silver level.
The Eastern continues to offer our competitors:
- Professional Championships, Professional Rising Star Championships, 10-Dance Professional Champioships, 9-Dance Professional Championships, and Show Dance
- Amateur, Youth, Pre-teen, and Junior Championships and competitions
- Pro/Am Competitions, Scholarship Championships, World Pro/Am DanceSport Championships
- The title of The Eastern United States Dancesport Champion
- Friday & Saturday Evening Professional Competitions
- A prize money purse to exceed $90,000
- Access to spectacular vendor showcase featuring a variety of dance, clothing, food, sports equipment and health-related products and services
- Great entertainment and opportunity to view spectacular displays of ballroom dancing
- NDCA-sanctioned championship event
Click below to learn more about The Eastern: